This mountain was named 1661 on the expedition led by P. Cruythoff and recorded by P. van Meerhoff (Van Riebeeck 3, 1958, p. 345) which reached ... Fort of Good Hope completed 1656 on land now covered by parts of the Parade, Post Office and Golden Acre. Description and diagrams in Van Riebeeck 1, 1952 pp. 27-29. 30. ... Redoubt commanding the ford over the Salt/Zout R. near its mouth. 32.
|Title||:||Travels at the Cape of Good Hope, 1772-1775|
|Author||:||Carl Peter Thunberg|
|Publisher||:||Van Riebeeck Society, The - 1986|