Non-Immigrant Admissions to the United States

Non-Immigrant Admissions to the United States

4.11 - 1251 ratings - Source

Non-Immigrants (NI) are foreign nationals granted temporary entry into the U.S. The major purposes for which NI admissions include temporary visits for bus. or pleasure, academic or vocational study, temporary employ., and to act as a rep. of a foreign govAit. or internat. body. This report presents info. on the number and characteristics of NI admissions to the U.S. in 2007. During 2007, there were 171 million NI admissions to the U.S. The majority (90%) were short-term visitors such as tourists and bus. travelers, while the remaining 10% (3.6 million) were temporary residents characterized by a longer duration of stay, such as specialty workers, students, and nurses. The leading countries of citizenship of NI were Mexico, the U.K., and Japan.Admissions declined following the events of September 11, 2001, but subsequently increased each year between 2003 ... non-resident admissions increased threefold. class of Admission The leading non-resident nonimmigrant categories inanbsp;...

Title:Non-Immigrant Admissions to the United States
Author:Macreadie Barr
Publisher:DIANE Publishing - 2010-10


You Must CONTINUE and create a free account to access unlimited downloads & streaming